Friday, May 8, 2009

Mothers day

So I usually struggle with the whole mothers day thing. Partially because the one who made me a mother is now living in heaven and part because I have worked every mothers day for the past 19 years. I think because of this I reflect more on my mom than being a mom. I apologize to my children for this, I guess I just feel somehow unworthy for all the hype of mothers day.

Because of Brookes recent adventures with car issues, she said something to me that has brought a change to my thinking. She thanked God for her Godly parents, As I reflect on my parenting responsibility, which is basically done, I usually see the things I did wrong and wish I could change. When I heard this I was humbled. We did do our best to be Godly parents, It is awesome to hear that we succeeded, at least our youngest thinks so. I know our kids know we love them and I know they love us too. I have always looked at it as we had great kids. We have been through tough times as a family, I am a different parent and parented differently after Shaun died, then I did before he died and have always felt a bit guilty for that. I think I was a better parent after Shaun was killed. ( I am sorry Shaun).

I continue to pray daily for my living kids. I thank God for them as well as ask Him to continue to direct their paths. You are great kids and I am honored that GOD entrusted you to us. I am Blessed to be your mom!

I am looking forward to the change in our relationship, to not only be the parent, but also a friend. So far I think it is going well. I love being their mom!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

and we love having you as our mom!