Monday, October 15, 2007

I love my husband too

So Dave wanted to see what I was doing on the computer and I realized that I didn't even mention the man of my dreams- The man whom I have loved for years, who is my rock. I wouldn't be who I am today with out him. Dave is awesome I really love him. We met at Hesston College in Kansas way back in 1977. We had a youth ministries class together, He reminded me of my brother Dave (although they are nothing alike). On our first date we went to a drive in with some great college friends Brian and Judy- we saw the pink panther, anyway Dave was so nervous he couldn't talk by the end of the evening. (He will still deny this to this day but I know it is true, he will say something lame like he was getting sick --but he never did) He asked me to marry him a few months later. I said yes, (obviously) We have had many good years together and a few tough ones. We were married 27 years in April, Wow 27 years. God has always been the center of our relationship and marriage. We have had our differences, but have always been able to work those out. We have laughed (and cried) a lot together, and usually try to see the positive side to our situations. When I can't see it sometimes Dave can, when He can't see it I often can. Together we have almost raised 3 great independent Christian kids, (our goal as parents, believe me seeing them grow up and leave home is great, burying them really sucks!!) together we buried our first born son when he was 16, (Our living kids have all outlived there older brother) We have buried Daves mom a year before we got married, and my two stepfathers, one in April 1988 and the other this past February. (My "real" dad died when I was 4). We have celebrated the high school graduation of our middle 2 kids and are looking forward to Brookes in May. We celebrated with Jessica and Jeremy as they wed, it will be 2 years in December. We are best of friends through thick and thin. Did I say he is Awesome and I love him more today than ever!! The more men I meet, the more I know that God put us together. Thank you Lord for my great husband!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Aw, that's cute, dad couldn't talk by the end of your first date (I'll bet that is the last time he was ever quiet, just joking, dad is super cool). I also did not know that it was only a a few months later that you were engaged, I had always assumed it was a year...but you know what happens when we assume ;)