Friday, October 19, 2007

Bare feet

I received a call on Wednesday night that blessed my socks off. It was from a young women named Crystal. God caused our paths to cross around 6-7 years ago. She was hired to wait tables at THE BARN restaurant, where I am a waitress. (one of my part time jobs) As we ate together the first time we worked together, we discovered we lived about a mile apart. (With it being 18 miles one way car pooling was a no brainer). I started picking her up when we worked together, and a friendship was born. She was young, newly married and pregnant. The first thing I remember doing for her was her dishes. They had bought a house that was empty for several years and there was water problems, When they finally got the water fixed they had several days of dirty dishes, So I went down and helped her clean her kitchen up. She had never had anyone do anything like that before. (long story, but she didn't have much of a relationship with her mom, ( ie. she didn't even want her to know she was pregnant) Crystal and I had many good discussion on our way home from work. Her husband was an atheist and she just couldn't believe anything I told her about Jesus. I shared a lot with her about how we survived Shauns death and how close Jesus held us during that time. I shared with her my visions of Shaun in heaven as well as the peace that only God can give-- etc....etc.... We talked a lot. She loved my girls and they went to her house to watch movies, baby sit, etc. Her oldest son was born the day after Shauns birthday. (I prayed that he wouldn't be born on Shauns birthday), I did tell her that later. Jaden is now 51/2 and started school. (Brooke is feeling old now!!) I asked many people to pray for her, she did come to church with us a few times. I usually do not work on Sundays but it was a busy day with good tips and she need the money so we often babysit Jaden on Sunday, She soon became pregnant again, and soon after found out that her husband was having a affair. When Ethan was but a few weeks old she brought him down to our house and Dave watched him as she moved out. (Eventually there was a divorce) We continued to keep in touch for a while as she struggled to make ends meet and she eventually moved away. Last October she got married on the beach in Florida, Jon loves her and the boys (Their dad has very little contact with them). But the most exciting thing is that Chrystal is now a Christian, raising those precious boys in a Christan home. WOW, She knows that being a Christan doesn't mean life will be great, she does know that no matter what the future holds for her and her family, God will walk with them. Her in laws are buying them plane tickets to come back to this areas for Christmas. She wanted to let us know so that we can make plans to spend a bit of time with them. I am so excited. We will be in Iowa seeing Daves family for a few days, but they are staying here longer than we will be gone. So we should get to see them. To think that God used me, to love her and to help her see her need for Him is humbling and exciting. Thank you Jesus !! I love having bare feet because my socks are blessed off!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

Yeay! God! It is exciting that Crystal is a Christian!