Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New year Have a BLESSED 2008

Well here it is 2008, As I look to the year ahead I wonder what will happen. We have a few things that our family is looking forward to doing/celebrating, Things we hope will come to pass. Dave is hoping to go to Mexico on a mission trip. Caleb is planning on graduating from Hesston College in May, and working someplace for 10 weeks this summer helping people somewhere. Brooke is planning on graduating form High School May 25, working at camp Luz this summer and attending Bluffton in the fall. I plan to support my wonderful family on all of the exciting things they have going on in there lives. WOW 2008. The year my baby girl will graduate. Time just seems to march on. We are as the song says a flower quickly fading, a vapor in the wind, But we who love Jesus belong to him, he will see us through all that lies ahead in 2008.
Who will have their life changed by death, cancer, an accident, or other illness, Who will be left behind as loved ones move on to heaven. The pain of being left behind when your child dies in immense.

On Christmas eve a senior at one of our local High schools was killed in a car accident. It really bothers me how many people came up to me and said something about how hard this must be on me (and my family) to hear and have a slight connection to this young persons death. We just celebrated our 10th Christmas with Shaun in heaven...10! (It is not any harder on us today than any other day, we think about Shaun all the time, we do not need to hear of another tragedy to rememebr Shaun.)This family survived their first Christmas with their daughter in heaven. No, time does not heal the wounded heart, but you do learn to live with it. When I learn that a young person is killed in a car accident It does bring up hurt that we have learned to live with. Our hearts are so heavy for this family. The pain is so intense. They wonder if they will survive the day, they cannot even look to the future at this point. They are in indescribable pain. Emotional pain I pray I will never have to go through again. Please pray for them. If they are like we were, they are not capable of praying so we need to intercede for them. Pray that they will recognize the Holy Spirit and that he will comfort them as they need comforted. You see we have survived several years with out Shaun, I finally felt like celebrating Christmas this year, not just surviving. Learning to adjust to someone you love living with Jesus is VERY HARD. You are not sad for them because you know they are with Jesus, you are sad for you because they have left a huge gaping hole in your heart and life.

I wish people wouldn't only remember Shaun when someone else has a tragedy in their lives. I also wish people would ask us what can they do to help this family. I wish that when people saw our family they would see a family who survived a terrible tragedy, and are now living again. (There is a big difference between survivng and living) A family that has grown closer to Jesus, and let Him hold them when they needed to be held. Please don't feel sorry for us any more, use us and our experience to find out ways you could possibly help someone suffering. I could go on... maybe someday I will write a book about this, But most Christians failed at supporting us. Or they just didn't care.

I didn't intend to got there with this blog, I was just going to look ahead and wonder what will happen this year that we plan, and what will happen that we do not plan. No matter what remember, Jesus loves you He will never let you go. So don't let go of Him in 2008.

A special thank you to Brooke for posting a more current picture of me. She chose one of me and my Mom. My mom is great, I hope I am like her when I am 80, or I am in heaven!!

5 comments:

Brooke said...

yeah, mom what would you do without me? I mean, who would be queen (don't deny it, you called me the queen today)? Who would tease you about the dish-drainer you charish like a baby? ;-)Besides that, who would turn on turn on the TV for you? It really is not that complicated, you just have to do is turn on the VCR first. Don't fret, I'll make sure you have it down before I leave home again.

Just for the record. I want to be like grandma as well. She is such an amazing woman, besides that she cooks great food and is a cutie.

Kyle said...

it truly would be great if all Christians acted as the body of Christ. I also think it would be great if all Christians would see Christ in the suffering people of our society. Then we would see true love come out, and suffering people could look to the church for comfort and find the hand of the imminent Christ in the hands of his followers.

Julie said...

Hey Brooke, my mistake, I am the queen!! You are the princess. :-)

Brooke said...

whatever, mom. I heard you call me the queen from you won lips! ;-)

Julie said...

My won lips ?? Dad will have to be the judge of that my princess!!!

The QUEEN!!!